Friday, January 14, 2011

A poll, of sorts Pt 2

Thanks for your responses to our previous poll.
You guys are a bunch of softies :-) No Mary-Kate didn't get spanked and yes we did talk about it when she discovered it was missing (and yes I did encourage her to post the previous poll). But the talk didn't really fix anything. I think there were other things that happend around Christmas time that bothered me and so this was like the (almost) last straw. I didn't spank her because the stuff that bothered me technically wasn't disobedience, disrespect, dishonesty or destructive behavior.

After our talk I still felt unresolved and distant from Mary-Kate for more than a week until we had another talk-not about the missing anklet but about my expectations for her and other stuff. This one did the trick. We have closure and restoration and it feels good. I do wonder if a spanking back then would have gotten us to this happy point a lot quicker, but I'm comfortable in with the idea that its not the destination but the journey thats most important sometimes.

So now part two of the poll to all my soft-hearted friends is - Are you comfortable being spanked/spanking just to "clear the air" between you and your partner?
-Sean

4 comments:

  1. I'm definitely comfortable with spanking to clear the air. It doesn't have to be a hot skillet, booty shredding, knee-buckling spanking. An erotic "slap and tickle" would do just fine methinks. Just something to head off any resentment and guilt that could grow into something really bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am comfortable with it, sometimes it helps get things back on the right course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm more comfortable than she is, but it works better if there's some issue we can legitimately hang it on.

    I know what you mean, though. Sometimes you just have to clear the air.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummm, no. But I would submit if he decided to. I would probably protest quite a bit..but that's allowed!

    ReplyDelete