Monday, November 22, 2010

Hello, fellow CDD/DD/HOH/TTWD community!

We've been practicing domestic discipline for about 2 1/2 years now.  We've been largely lurking the web, but I was finally encouraged to create our own blog after reading other blogs (see the ones we've followed!) and seeing the awesome sense of community that you all have, and we're sorta inviting ourselves in!  Especially in the beginning, I kept wishing there was someone I could just talk to/get their advice, and I think now maybe a blog should've been created back then!

We have named our blog after the movie, "The Quiet Man", starring Maureen O'Hara and John Wayne.  We love the movie, and the dynamic between husband and wife.  It demonstrates very similar personalities to our own - a husband with a TON of patience, but don't push him over the line!  And a wife that's stubborn, has quite a mouth, thinks she's tough as nails, but really needs her husband quite a bit. :)

So hello world!  We hope to make friends with you all.

-"Mary-Kate"

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen the Quiet Man but that sounds so much like me and Sugar. I think I'm gonna love getting to know you two. Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love "The Quiet Man." John Wayne is quite a Hoh in that movie! I look forward to reading your blog.

    Serenity

    ReplyDelete