Friday, November 26, 2010

Giving Thanks

Mary Kate and I had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day with our extended families. We didn't feel rushed or busy during any of it. We did have some unnecessary drama from some of my relatives but you can't have everything. Our toddler daughter has been sick like a lot of little ones this time of year, so she’s been going to bed earlier than usual lately which has been giving my wife and I time to talk. It was good. We needed it.

A little while ago Mary Kate got a spanking for having a bad attitude. She was submissive and accepting enough before the session started but by the end she was angry with me and wouldn't look at me right away. Something had gone wrong. This has happened before and after a day or two when emotions have cooled we have talked about what went wrong. After all, a main perk of having a domestic discipline relationship is so that everybody’s happier and more peaceful. So we talked about it and came through with a better understanding of each other’s needs and feelings.

I will talk about what went wrong and how we are fixing it in a future post, but for now I just wanted to say that I am thankful that my wife is willing to work through this type of stuff. Anyone involved in DD can tell you it’s not a silver bullet for relationship issues. It takes a lot of trust and patience in each other to let the other person try (and fail) at meeting your needs, and then let them try again. Don't expect your mate to fail, but don't expect them to get it right all the time either. Thank you my princess.
-Sean

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. -Oscar Wilde

1 comment:

  1. sean, its caring hubbies Like you (of course my hubbie is as well) that let's me know that this lifestyle is what God intended...if this wasn't what was rite to maintain households then it wouldn't have such a good outcome...with that being said Mary Kate I'm going to bed with a freshly sore tooshie..sitting on the bed is making me cringe....lol

    nite
    daisy

    ReplyDelete